Naval Support Facility Arlington
HITT was responsible for the design-build, LEED Gold renovation of a military campus, including four major structures, into a unified state-of-the-art, technology-friendly, Class-A office space occupied by the U.S. Navy. The four buildings ranged in age from 1911 to 1991 and totaled more than 250,000 square feet on an occupied site adjacent to the Pentagon and in an urban setting. All of the buildings included anti-terrorism force protection, exterior envelope renovations, structural upgrades, complete new MEP systems, elevators, and interior design. As part of the Base Realignment and Closure Act (BRAC), the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) was tasked with the design-build renovation of a highly secure Department of Defense campus that was vacated and turned over to the U.S. Navy to house eight organizations assigned to the Pentagon. Project completion occurred in 15 months, at peak with 600 tradesmen placing $4,000,000 weekly. Substantial completion was negotiated through graduated move-in dates, with the 1,200 occupants moved in over a six-week period.